今天小编跟大家分享关于
英语口语和eat相关的6个英语表达,希望对大家有所帮助。
1. eat out = go out to a restaurant
下馆子吃饭
We're really hungry, but I don't want to cook dinner. Let's eat out.
我们真的很饿,但我不想做饭。我们还是去下馆子吧。
Should we eat out tonight?
今晚出去吃怎么样?
2. eat and run = eat very quickly in order to go somewhere else
匆匆吃完饭然后赶往某地
I hate to eat and run, but I have to go to a meeting at 7 o'clock.
我讨厌匆匆吃完就走,但我7点钟有个会议。
Every time they come to visit, they just eat and run. It's like they don't want to spend any time with us!
他们每次来的时候,都是匆匆吃完就离开。就好像是根本不想和我们共处一室!
3. eat away at someone = be bothered by something that doesn't go away
被某事烦扰
I'm really worried about the situation. In fact, it's eating away at me, and I'm not getting any sleep.
我真的很担心事情的进展。事实上,我深受其扰,无法入睡。
You look worried. What's eating at you?
你看起来忧心忡忡。什么事情让你如此烦恼?
4. eat one's words = shown that you were wrong about something
承认错误
She made him eat his words. It was very embarrassing.
她让他承认了错误。这真是太令人尴尬了。
Have you ever had to eat your words?
你承认过错误吗?
5. eat humble pie = be humiliated, made to feel humble
感到屈辱,赔礼道歉
I wasn't right about the situation and had to eat humble pie in the end.
我没有处理好事情,只能赔礼道歉。
He's too full of himself. He needs to eat some humble pie.
他太自大了,需要受到挫折。
6. eat one's cake and have it too = be able to have a prize and enjoy it as well
鱼与熊掌不可兼得
She works twelve hours a day and hates being away from home. She hasn't learned that you can't eat your cake and have it too.
她每天工作十二个小时,又不想离开家。她不懂得鱼与熊掌不可兼得的道理。
Of course, you can't eat your cake and have it too. If you want to relax, you'll have to earn less and live in a smaller home.
当然,鱼与熊掌不可兼得。如果你想休息,挣的钱自然就更少,住的房子也会更小。