Dinner’s ready. 一天中最的时刻到了!
Set the table;Serve the dishes…相信再懒的人也愿意为美美地吃上一顿而多付出点劳动。
你看Linda和Henry 正在吃饭呢,真是吃得津津有味,聊得好开心啊。
我饿了。I’m hungry.
○ I’m starving. 我快饿死了。
○ I’m starved. 我饿死了。
○ My mouth is watering. 我都流口水了。
○ I’m quite thirsty. 我很渴。
我们时候吃饭?When shall we eat?
○ When will supper be ready? 晚饭什么时候做好?
○ What’s to eat? 吃什么?
请帮忙递一下胡椒。Please pass the pepper.
★ pass v. 传递
来帮忙摆碗筷。Help me set the table.
○ Would you set the table? 你愿意摆一下碗筷吗?
要是放点儿盐就更好吃了。 It would be more delicious if you put some salt in it.
○ Everything is absolutely delicious. 每一样都很好吃。
★ delicious a. 美味的,好吃的
该吃饭了。It’s time to eat. = Time to eat.
什么气味?What’s the smell? = What smells?
○ It smells good. 闻起来不错。
叫大家来吃饭。Call everyone to the table.
○ Call the family to dinner. 叫全家人来吃饭。
别说话,吃你的饭。Be quiet and eat your food.
○ Don’t talk with your mouth full. 不要满嘴东西时说话。
把你盘子里的东西都吃完。Clean up your plate.
● clean up “收拾干净,清理,吃干净”
再来一点吗?Would you like some more? = Some more?
○ No more. 不要了。= Some more?