大家好,今天给大家分享一个我们经常会用到的经典
英语日常口语,“不怎么样”的英语表达。文中还有很多经典表达,大家仔细看看哦!下面来看一段经典对话,对话中会反复用到今天我们要学的这个地道口语!
Dialogue
Mary, did you try out that new cafe on the way to work toady?
玛丽,你今天去咱们上班路上的那家新餐馆了吗?
Yes, I did.
对,我去了。
I was really impressed. The new cafe has great range of food and friendly staff.
让我印象深刻。这家新餐馆食物种类很多,那里的员工也友好热情。
So have you tried it Lily?
你去那家吃过吗,莉莉?
Yeah. I’ve been there twice now. But, well, it’s not great shakes.
是的。我已经去过两次了。但是,嗯,那里没有很好的奶昔。
No great shakes?
没有很好的奶昔?
That’s the best things about it, they sell amazing banana milkshakes.
那是这家餐馆很棒的东西了。
No no no.
不不不。
I wasn’t talking about the shakes, I was referring to the cafe generally. There is nowhere to sit, the queues are long, and they didn’t put enough froth on my skinny cappuccino.
我不是在说奶昔,我指的是这家餐馆。没有地方做,队排的很长,而且他们在我的低脂卡布奇诺里放的泡沫也不够。
So it’s no great shakes.
所以这家餐馆不怎么样。
In other words, it’s not very good.
换句话说,这家餐馆不是很好。
So no great shakes is an expression that means it’s not very good.
所以“no great shakes”这个表达的意思就是这个东西不怎么样。
So you’re not impressed?
所以你印象不深?
I’m afraid not.
恐怕是这样的。
For examples
That new singer has a great voice but she’s no great shakes at playing the guitar.
哪位新歌手的嗓音很好听,但是他弹
吉他不怎么样。
The film sequel is no great shakes compared with the first one- there was no story and the special effects were awful.